A wander around the Port, the distribution point for products from the South West of Western Australia. Major commodities the Port deals with include alumina, mineral sands, wood chips, caustic soda and silica sand. From time to time, cruise ships also dock at the Port.
Originally, in 1803, it was called “Port Leschenault” by Captain Baudin and the townsite was declared in 1836. In 1909 the Bunbury Harbour Board, created by an act of Parliament, took control of the Port.