+Held this weekend in September each year is an Open House and Garden of Camden Park House, built for wool pioneers John and Elizabeth Macarthur and completed in 1835. Since then seven generations of the family have resided there. The entrance to the home is the start of a journey through history and many of the approx. 80.rooms.
The wisteria is abundant on the property. Its perfume permeated through the rear rooms of the house where the back verandah is edged in wisteria. On the back lawn, food for lunch and wares were for sale.
The grounds are expansive and much of what is there remains intact from it’s inception. Beyond the gardens, views of farming property. The old stables served as an opportunity to purchase craft and curios as well as a cafe where scones with jam and cream were plenty and delicious.
Another amazing place to visit.