12.08.2018 – Arthur McElhone Reserve, Elizabeth Bay, NSW

Arthur McElhone Reserve directly in front of Elizabeth Bay House, was formerly the lawn area within the carriage loop servicing Elizabeth Bay House. When the subdivision of Elizabeth Bay House occurred in 1927, the three unsold lots comprising this reserve were acquired by the Sydney City Council in 1948. In 1950 it was named after Arthur McElhone, an alderman and Mayor of the Council for a total of around 44 years between 1899 and 1946.  He passed away in 1946.